International debut: 28.04.1999 vs. Hungary

International caps: 38/0 - 18.06.2010

Liverpool debut: 08.01.1997

Last appearance: 19.05.2013

Debut goal: 18.01.1997

Last goal: 23.08.2008

Contract expiry: 01.06.2013

Win ratio: 54% W: 398 D: 167 L: 172

Honours: FA Cup 2001, 2006; League Cup 2001, 2003, 2012; Champions League 2005; UEFA Cup 2001

LFC league games/goals: 508 / 4

Total LFC games/goals: 737 / 5

http://www.lfchistor...yer/Profile/277

http://int.soccerway...-carragher/177/

http://en.wikipedia....Jamie_Carragher

Player profile

"There may be more skilful players in the squad, but no one can ever say I don't give 100%." A scouser whose fighting capabilities and sense of humour has endeared him to supporters and teammates alike. Carragher became the scouse rock at the heart of the Liverpool defence. He has excelled both on domestic and European level, leading the charge to Jerzy Dudek's goal following his penalty save from Shevchenko in Istanbul even though Carragher had suffered from agonising leg cramp in extra-time. Carra wears his Liverpool heart on his sleeve and his frustration can boil over when things are not going according to plan. "Jamie Carragher is the true boss in the dressing room. He is very bad-tempered, he orders everybody around and yells a lot," said Álvaro Arbeloa, who was on the receiving end of Carra's very public outburst at the Hawthorns in May 2009. Carragher has, though, the best interests of Liverpool at heart and he transmits more positive vibes than negative to his colleagues as Chris Kirkland noted: "He's the joker of the squad alright. Carra is always the life and soul of the party. If we win a game and go out to celebrate, he's the first one of the microphone. Every club needs someone like Carra. You can't buy team spirit and with him around the atmosphere in the dressing room is always brilliant."

It was Roy Evans, in his penultimate full season as sole manager, who gave the soon-to-be 19-year-old his first-team debut in January 1997, as a substitute for Rob Jones in a League Cup tie at Middlesbrough. It was a debut that had been expected for a while because Carragher’s presence had been carefully monitored through his days at the Football Association’s School of Excellence at Lilleshall and as a member of Liverpool’s successful Youth Cup-winning team of 1996. His first start was marked in fine style by heading in a left-wing corner in front of the Kop to set his team on the way to a comfortable 3-0 victory over Aston Villa at Anfield. Goals for Liverpool have come rarely for Carragher and this was one of the highlights of his career: "I knew the night before, I was down to play at centre-half but Bjørn Kvarme's clearance came through before 5 pm that night but I didn't realise. I wouldn't have been playing only that Patrik Berger was sick that night, so there was a place and I was moved into midfield. I was a bit nervous, but it was more excitement really. I got booked after 20 seconds, that calmed me down."

Carragher became a more regular member of the team with 20 first-team appearances from the start and three more as substitute in the disappointing 1997/98 season. Once Gerard Houllier had taken over following the departure of Roy Evans towards the end of 1998, he put his complete faith in the Bootle boy who became a key player for the Frenchman for the rest of his reign at Anfield that reached its zenith in the historic ‘Treble’ season of 2000/01. Carragher wasn't though to everyone's taste as he himself recognised. "I don't go on the websites or anything but I believe there's murder there after a game if we have got beaten. But I'm not kidding people, if the team were to get beaten then I know I'd be one of the first to get criticised!" His number of appearances only dipped once below 50-a-season for Houllier but his absence was excusable as he broke his leg at Blackburn's Ewood Park on 13 September 2003 which kept him out for four months. Carragher's versatility as a defender proved to be absolutely vital for him as he held his ground despite many attempts by newcomers to push him out of the first eleven. He could adapt to any given situation which has proved ultimately the foundation for his long and successful career. He established himself as the team’s regular right-back before moving to the left when Markus Babbel arrived at the club. Houllier's successor, Rafa Benítez, saw Carragher as an ideal centre-half and in the Spaniard’s first two seasons in charge that ended with victories in the Champions League and the FA Cup, he made 56 and 57 first-team appearances respectively. His performances defied belief as Alan Hansen noted following Liverpool's monumental win over Chelsea in the semi-finals at Anfield in May 2005: "The way he held Chelsea at bay was unbelievable. I'm sitting there in awe of how many times he intercepted, blocked and covered."

Carragher scored an own goal in the 2006 FA Cup final and they have come more readily for him than actually scoring for his own team as Steven Gerrard pointed out lightheartedly: "Carra is the best defender I've played with at Liverpool and the worst finisher I've ever played with!" Carragher has managed to put the ball eight times into his own net, including twice in the same game against Manchester United in September 1999. It’s probably an inevitable part of a defender’s life that he will sometimes unwittingly make the crucial contact or deflection that can prove costly. The number of goals Carragher has prevented by his last-ditch tackling and self-sacrifice for the team far outweighs any "damage" he may have done. Rafa Benítez emphasized Carragher's importance to the team in March 2007: "For me Jamie is one of the best defenders in Europe. He is always focused on the game, always trying to learn. That is the key for me because each season he improves a little bit. He reminds me of a hunting dog, when I want something specific done in defence he is very willing to learn. He is always shouting and talking to the others. He is good for the young players, showing them what to do and how to play."

A couple of nasty injuries restricted Carragher to playing in only 38 of the team's 54 first-team matches during the 2010/11 season. He enjoyed a well-deserved testimonial at Anfield in September 2010 when a mixture of Liverpool players past and present played an Everton team with all proceeds from the game going to local charities through the Carragher 23 Foundation. Carragher appeared in 60% of the club's first-team matches in 2011/12 but only 21 Premier League appearances was his lowest total since the 2003/04 season. He became 34-years-old during the campaign and it became clear that he was no longer an automatic choice. Since Brendan Rodgers arrived at the club he has emphasised Carra's importance to the squad. "Jamie has been an absolute model professional. I feel we are a quiet team, and maybe we've needed players who can organise and manage inside the game. You need a voice in your team, and you don't get a louder voice that Carra's!"

Carragher has quite literally had a historic career at Liverpool. He made his 137th European appearance for Liverpool in March 2011, a British record at the time although he was subsequently overtaken by Ryan Giggs. On 9 May 2011 he overtook Emlyn Hughes and Ray Clemence in making his 666th competitive appearance for the club, leaving just Ian Callaghan ahead of him in the club's all-time appearance list. A remarkable feat!

At the end of the first week of February Carragher announced that he would be retiiring as a player at the end of the 2012/13 season. He only missed one match from the date of that announcement until the end of the season and made an emotional farewell as captain in Steven Gerrard's absence when Liverpool played at home to Queens Park Rangers on the final day of the season. That was his 737th first-team appearance for Liverpool and against Zenit in February he made his 150th European apperarance for his only professional club. Although there were many calls for him to reconsider his decision to finish, he said that he felt that this was the right time to go, even though his performances in his final season were as immaculate as ever, apart from a horrible error in the Europa League which everyone knew was out of character, the player included. He will be badly missed, especially because at the time of his retirement there was no obvious long-term successor to his position from others still at the club.

Having scored on his home debut against Aston Villa back in January 1997, Carragher nearly bowed out in similar style when a second-half drive crashed against the Queens Park Rangers post on his final appearance in May 2013. But as he only averaged one goal every one hundred and forty-seven Liverpool matches, it is more the goals he prevented that will be remembered at the end of a truly outstanding playing career.

Сподели другаде

• 5 weeks later...
Гост DwAyNe WaDe

Карагър иска да бъде треньор на Ливърпул

02 септември 2008 | 13:04 | Агенция "Фокус"

Защитникът на Ливърпул Джейми Карагър иска един ден да застане начело на тима, съобщава ”Мирър”. Сърцатият бранител има за цел да прекъсне успешната серия на Манчестър Юнайтед в Англия, точно както Сър Алекс Фергюсън е прекъснал тази на Ливърпул. „Искам един ден да бъда мениджър на Ливърпул и да сваля от върха Сър Алекс Фергюсън. Ще бъде повече от постижение, ако това стане. Това е може би най-голямата футболна мечта на всеки специалист, защото Сър Алекс е номер едно сред треньорите”, заяви Карагър, чиято автобиографична книга скоро ще излезе на пазара. „Само се надявам той да се задържи достатъчно дълго, за да ме дочака”, завърши бранителят на Ливърпул.

:greeting:

Сподели другаде

Гост ShaDoW_HuN7eR
„Само се надявам той да се задържи достатъчно дълго, за да ме дочака”, завърши бранителят на Ливърпул.

Аз пък си мислех, че Кара иска да стане шампион с отбора още докато е играч :mocking: Да се маха Дъвката още днес ако може. Иначе би било страхотно някой ден Кара да ни е треньор :greeting:

Сподели другаде

Гост kikedelrio
Аз пък си мислех, че Кара иска да стане шампион с отбора още докато е играч :mocking: Да се маха Дъвката още днес ако може. Иначе би било страхотно някой ден Кара да ни е треньор :greeting:

В цялото интервю той казва, че първо смята да стане шампион като футболист и чак след това цитираното изречение за АФ.

Сподели другаде

Гост shicola

Карагър: Върнете крал Кени

http://img2.sportal.bg/new/uploads/news/2008_36/images/00130075.jpg

Защитникът на Ливърпул Джейми Карагър призова Кени Далглиш да бъде върнат в клуба в ролята си на съветник, настоявайки, че трябва повече бивши играчи да са в управлението. В новата си биография бранителят на мърсисайдци споделя „След закупуването на клуба спорих с приятели, че трябва да има по-добра връзка на Борда на „Анфийлд", за да се балансира ограниченото разбиране на Том Хикс и Джордж Жилет за играта и Ливърпул". Според Карагър именно Далглиш, който за мнозина е най-добрият играч в историята на „червените", е идеален за ролята на влиятелната фигура. Бившият нападател на Шотландия има 501 мача с екипа на Ливърпул след рекордния за времето си (1977 г - б.р.) трансфер от шотландския гранд Селтик. С крал Кени „червените" записват една от най-славните страници на историята си, като печелят шест шампионски титли на Англия. През сезон 1985/1986 г в ролята на капитан и треньор на тима Далглиш изведе Ливърпул до шампионската титла, като повтори постижението още два пъти в следващите няколко години. Мениджърската му кариера продължи в Блекбърн, Нюкасъл и Селтик, но той си остава свързан с „Анфийлд".

Сподели другаде

Гост kikedelrio

Аз доколкото прочетох, Карагър призовава да се даде място в борда на директорите на Ливърпул като негова жива легенда и голям фен!

Сподели другаде

Гост Steven Gerrard The Best

JAMIE CARRAGHER ON TODAY'S BIG GAME

Jimmy Rice 13 September 2008

Is this the biggest game of the season for you, Jamie?

Yes, Manchester United and Everton are always the two that you look out for. It is a massive game because of what is happening in the Premier League, and they are the champions and the best team in Europe. It's going to be a very difficult game but, with them coming to Anfield, we want to make it as difficult as possible for them and hopefully get three points.

We've not beaten them in the league under Rafa – have we just missed that piece of luck at times?

We've beaten them in the FA Cup, but not the league, and that is something that we are going to have to try and sort out. Last year we were a little bit unlucky, with a couple of shots cleared off the line. But against the big teams you need to make sure you take your chances. Last year we switched off at a corner and they scored, and that's the difference when you play big teams – you've got to be switched on for 90 minutes and make sure you take your chances when they come.

The longer the run goes on, the more frustrating it gets for a local lad like yourself, I expect?

Well I hadn't thought about it until you brought it up! But no, I don't look at it like that. It's the same if we've beaten a team a few times – it doesn't mean much because every game is different and there's always different players. You just have to go into it looking for three points.

No Cristiano Ronaldo for them – as a defender, how much impact do you see that making?

Well it might make you sleep better the night before! No, he's a great player but we could be without a couple of great players too, so it's swings and roundabouts. Whoever is put out there for Manchester United, they'll be top players, and vice versa. It's always a tough game no matter what.

Who else do you think makes United tick?

Well I've been impressed with Carlos Tevez at the start of the season, and obviously they've signed Dimitar Berbatov, who is a very good player. These will be the people I'm up against, and Wayne Rooney of course. But they're also very good defensively – they had a great record last season and they're very solid.

Looking at the bigger picture – if they win the league they'll be level on 18 titles with us. Is that something which drives you on?

It is an extra incentive for me, without a doubt. It's a proud record that we've got but it's been a long time since we've won the league and we need to be challenging. To see them coming up does wind you up that little bit more but you've got to have respect for them – they're a great club and have achieved a lot over the last couple of years. It would be nice to stop them but it's not just about them or Chelsea or Arsenal – it's about Liverpool winning the league.

Сподели другаде

Гост Liverpool-BaBy

КАРАГЪР: СЛЕД ПОБЕДАТА НАД ЮНАЙТЕД МИСЛИМ ЗА ТИТЛАТА

http://prikachi.com/files/355060H.jpg

Вторият капитан на Ливърпул Джейми Карагър сподели, че победата с 2:1 над Манчестър Юнайтед в събота дава надежди на „червените”, че имат сили да се преборят за титлата в Англия.

„Разбира се, че ни вдъхва увереност, все пак победихме един от най-добрите отбори в Европа”, заяви заместникът на Стивън Джерард.

„Също така, ни вдъхва увереност, че можем да победим всеки един отбор във Висшата лига”, добави Карагър.

„Сега се надяваме, че ще успеем да продължим да натискаме по същия начин до края на първенството. Успехът вчера внесе и малко спокойствие в редиците ни, след като дръпнахме пред „червените дяволи” и сме в челото на класирането – където е мястото на отбор като Ливърпул”, посочи още играчът от „Анфийлд”.

Сподели другаде

• 2 weeks later...
Гост SwedeN

Едно е да се критикуват футболисти като Каут и Маскерано,които са от няколко години в отбора и са играли противоречиво на моменти,но говорим за Кара по дяволите.Този човек е символ и икона на клуб като Ливърпул и изскача някой новосъздаден фен на отбора,който още изучава буквара и започва да го плюе в прав текст - не мисля да стоя и да го гледам,а ако на някой не му харесва какво пиша...подминава.

Сподели другаде

е ти освен да го гледаш какво да му правиш ..

аз като казах, че подобна дискусия е излишна, имах предвид, че няма смисъл да си тровиш нервите с пдобни изказвания за "Carragher - probably the best Scouser in the world", но щом искаш се занимавай да му отговаряш на това момче :)

Сподели другаде

Гост Liverbird

Айде да ги преместим коментарите за Кара където му е мястото.

Колкото до спора, относно неговите качества искам да отбележа, че Карагър е такъв в момента само и единствено благодарение на Бенитес, от както той е мениджър, Джейми се изявява на съвсем друга висота. Аз примерно по времето на "мосюто" като му гледах изявите по двата фланга определено си го недолюбвах, пълна дупка беше в повечето мачове, да не говорим пък за корония му номер - "автогола" ;).

Но за радост на всички фенове на Пул от известно време насам е най големия стълб в защитата ни, и който твърди обратното мога да му кажа, че толкова разбира от футбол.

Сподели другаде

Гост kikedelrio

Вижте момчета, всеки футболист си има слабости. Същото важи и за Кара, за Стиви, за Маш и т.н. Кара има нещо, което малко футболисти имат- сърце и душа, които влага във всеки мач. Проблема е, когато се коментират отделните футболисти, че според някои "присъждат тотем за неприкосновеност"(ако ми позволите сравнението) на база какво са дали през годините за отбора, а другите постоянно биват "хранени". Лично аз съм се изказвал негативно за Джерард, но това не пречи от много години насам именно той да е любимия ми футболист от този отбор.

Сподели другаде

Гост SwedeN
Вижте момчета, всеки футболист си има слабости. Същото важи и за Кара, за Стиви, за Маш и т.н. Кара има нещо, което малко футболисти имат- сърце и душа, които влага във всеки мач. Проблема е, когато се коментират отделните футболисти, че според някои "присъждат тотем за неприкосновеност"(ако ми позволите сравнението) на база какво са дали през годините за отбора, а другите постоянно биват "хранени". Лично аз съм се изказвал негативно за Джерард, но това не пречи от много години насам именно той да е любимия ми футболист от този отбор.

И аз съм писал,когато някой от двамата не е в най-добрата си форма,но това хлапе направо ми скъса нервите.

Сподели другаде

Гост fiffo

Шведски, мен ако знаеш колко ми късат нервите... Няма възрастова граница във форума и е неизбежно да има и такива "попадения". Има хора, които изразяват различно мнение, но поне с тях може да се получи дискусия и в крайна сметка дори ти е приятно да спориш с тях. Ти примерно за мен си такъв човек (не винаги, разбира се, но поне в случаите когато мнението ни се различава). Има обаче и хора, които просто си пишат глупости и дори да се опитат да си защитят мнението, изваждат смешни доводи. Просто няма смисъл да им се обясняваш, защото те никога няма да престанат да пишат глупости...

Сподели другаде

Гост Liverbird

Джейми влиза в историята, вицекапитанът ни ще влезе в топ 10 на играчите с най-много мачове за Ливърпул след мача с ПСВ(ако играе разбира се :))

Jamie Carragher will enter the club's all-time top 10 appearance list if he faces PSV Eindhoven on Wednesday night.

The 30-year-old is set to draw level with 10th placed Billy Liddell, who played 534 games for Liverpool.

Carragher's 533 games to date include 366 in the Premier League, 107 in European competition, 29 in the FA Cup, 27 in the League Cup and two each in the World Club Championship and FA Community Shield.

LFC's top 10 appearance list:

1. Ian Callaghan (857)

2. Ray Clemence (665)

2. Emlyn Hughes (665)

4. Ian Rush (660)

5. Phil Neal (650)

6. Tommy Smith (638)

7. Bruce Grobbelaar (628)

8. Alan Hansen (620)

9. Chris Lawler (549)

10. Billy Liddell (534)

Сподели другаде

Гост ZdraveCa

Той до края на кариерата си спокойно може да стане втори в тая класация.А и Джерард, който е с 2 години по-млад има 447 мача досега, така че след 4-5 години, нищо чудно те двамата да са 2-ри и 3-ти в класацията

Сподели другаде

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dacheff unpinned this тема