Сами Лий

Гост Scarface

Препоръчан пост

Гост shicola

http://www.lfchistory.net/images/profiles/player_lee.jpg

Birthdate: 7 February 1959

Birthplace: Liverpool, England

Other clubs: Queens Park Rangers (1986-87), Osasuna (1987-90), Southampton (1990), Bolton Wanderers (1990-91)

Bought from: Local

Signed for LFC: Joined 1972 - Professional April 1976

International debut: 17.11.1982 vs. Greece

International caps: 14/2 - 17.06.1984

Liverpool debut: 08.04.1978

Last appearance: 06.05.1986

Debut goal: 08.04.1978

Last goal: 11.04.1984

Contract expiry: August 1986

Win ratio: 54.92% W: 162 D: 85 L: 48

Honours: League Championship 1981/82, 1982/83, 1983/84, 1985/86; League Cup 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984; European Cup 1981, 1984

Total games/goals opposite LFC: 2 / 0

LFC league games/goals: 197 / 13

Total LFC games/goals: 295 / 19

http://www.lfchistor...yer/Profile/355

http://en.wikipedia....ee_(footballer)

Player profile

An energetic 5 ft. 4 in. (163 cm.) midfielder who gained England recognition and was a great servant to the club on and off the pitch, immortalised in the song: “He’s fat, he’s round, he bounces on the ground. Sammy Lee, Sammy Lee.” It was a loving tribute to the local lad about whom Bob Paisley said: "With the character and attitude he shows they’d make him Mayor of Liverpool if he was a few inches taller." Two years after signing a professional contract with Liverpool the 19-year-old made his debut against Leicester in the First Division on 8 April 1978. He came on in the sixth minute for David Johnson who tore his knee ligaments. It turned out to be a memorable game for Lee who scored Liverpool's second goal in a 3-2 win with a fortuitous shot which the Leicester goalkeeper allowed to creep under his body, but they all count! He only made one more substitute appearance that season and he hardly got a look-in in the impregnable Liverpool side of 1978/79. An injury to Terry McDermott finally gave him the breakthrough he had been looking for at the end of the 1979/80 season. He featured in all four FA Cup semi-finals against Arsenal that ultimately ended in defeat but played at Anfield when Liverpool clinched the League Championship against Aston Villa. Lee was back in the reserves at the start of the following 1980/81 season but nine games into the campaign Jimmy Case lost his place on the wide right of midfield to the enthusiastic youngster. Liverpool lost the League title to Aston Villa but received ample compensation in the knock-out competitions, winning the League Cup for the first time and then defeating Real Madrid at the Parc des Princes in Paris to take the European Cup for the third time. Lee played in both finals and his progress in his first full season didn't go unnoticed by Reds' fans as he was the overwhelming winner in Liverpool FC Supporters Club’s Player of the Year poll. The prize was presented to him by none other than Bill Shankly.

Lee won three successive League Championships during the next three years culminating in the glorious 1983/84 season when he played every single game, 67 in total. After the heady achievements of 1984, Lee's form dipped from its usual high standards and he was called on only rarely during the second half of the 1984/85 season with Craig Johnston and Kevin MacDonald both preferred in his role. He was also in and out of the team in the double season and it was not too much of a surprise when he agreed to join Queens Park Rangers in the summer of 1986. He left with the best wishes of his teammates as he had been a big part of the great camaraderie in the Liverpool dressing-room. He has a bubbly personality and is never lost for words as proven when he created the biggest laugh on-board the plane that carried Liverpool and Everton back home from their 1986 FA Cup final at Wembley where the Reds won the Cup after taking the League title from Everton a week earlier. "During the flight, there was a light-hearted disagreement between the players about the amount of room on the plane," Jan Mølby remembers. "'Move your fat arse,' Everton full-back Pat Van Den Hauwe shouted at little Sammy Lee. 'Sorry,' replied Sammy, 'but what do you expect? I've got two medals in my pocket!" Lee only had a year in London before seeking a change of fortune in the Spanish first division with Osasuna where he stayed two years before moving back to England.

Lee returned to Liverpool as Phil Thompson's replacement as reserve team coach in 1993. With Houllier's arrival in 1998 Lee moved up to first-team trainer. Following Houllier's dismissal and Benítez' arrival in the summer of 2004 Lee felt a clean break was best for all concerned and he joined England's coaching staff full-time. In June 2005 he joined Bolton as assistant manager to Sam Allardyce and continued coaching the England team on part-time basis. He turned down the full-time England u-21 job in 2006 to concentrate on Bolton and took over as the club's manager when Allardyce resigned in April 2007. However, Lee only lasted 14 games in the job after results were well below expectations. Reds rejoiced when Lee returned home to Liverpool once more in May 2008 as Benítez' assistant manager. Lee survived the managerial changes that saw Hodgson replace Benítez, then Dalglish replace Hodgson. However, as pre-season training began ahead of the 2011/12 season, it was announced that Lee would be leaving the club despite Dalglish saying as recently as May 2011 that Lee was "a key part of his team". In February 2012 Lee returned to Bolton as head of coaching at the club's academy. Bolton manager Owen Coyle said: "I know Sammy will bring a great deal of top-level coaching experience and enthusiasm, and that can only be of huge benefit for our youth players."

"If they are to get into the top three every side needs its hardworking bees. And Sammy was one of those bees," Phil Neal said. "He played just in front of me and we formed a really good partnership. I remember Bob Paisley telling him to mark Paul Breitner when we played in the Munich Stadium and Sammy did a magnificent job. He was always the one who started the singing after we had picked up a trophy - all the old Liverpool songs. We had some great sing-a-longs. He created a really joyous arena. But he was always a very apologetic person. He always apologised for almost anything he did. He is a lovely natured person. I love him to bits."

Сподели другаде

Гост Svetoslav(pool)
http://premiership.ontheweb.bg/cgi-bin/e-c...mp;n=180&g= много добра статия ва Б.Б. и доста истина има в нея. Доказателство за пролетния полусезон от 01.02. до края на сезона и размисли за Сами Лии
Сподели другаде

• 2 months later...
Гост kikedelrio

Интервю със Сами Лий от официалния сайт:

SAMMY LEE TALKS TO LIVERPOOLFC.TV

Jimmy Rice 09 October 2008

Sammy Lee has given his assessment of the season so far and revealed he is taking no notice of the plaudits currently coming Liverpool's way. Here's what our assistant manager had to say when the official website caught up with him at Melwood.

How long has it been since you saw a game of football like the City victory, Sammy?

It was quite exciting but we've had a few games like that in our recent past. We had the Arsenal game last season, and the Man Utd game this year – that was an exciting finale. The game once again showed the character of the team. We weren't particularly pleased with our first-half performance – it lacked a bit of tempo. But we upped it in the second half and got our just rewards.

What message will that comeback send to the rest of the Premier League?

I am not really sure. People should know the strength of Liverpool – they know what we're about. We're just concentrating on what we do, rather than worrying what people think about us. One thing I'll say to you again, though, is that it showed the character in the group – that's very important.

You've been part of so many Liverpool teams – how does the mentality of this one compare?

Well it's still early days. We don't want to get carried away. We're still in the process of trying to improve, trying to get better. All these players want to get better, they all want to listen. That's also very important. It's only October and we can't afford to get carried away. This football club is not about what's happening in October – we're about what's happening in May. We're pleased with where we are but we know we've still got a lot of work and improving to do. Everyone in this football club is working very hard to make sure this improvement is obvious to everybody.

Yes, it seems like Rafa has brought together a group of winners, players with a real desire to win trophies?

That's always important. There are a lot of good characters in the dressing room, and that hopefully manifests itself on the pitch.

How much belief did you have we could turn it round on Sunday?

We always have belief at Liverpool. We've had previous, as they say. I don't even have to mention Istanbul. We knew the next goal would be vital and thankfully we got it. That lifted our spirits. We always have faith in our ability here. That's not arrogance – we just know what we're about. The belief we had meant we could do it, and we did do it.

It's always tough to pick out individuals after a second half performance like that, but we saw another two goals for Fernando Torres – can he get much better?

Dirk Kuyt scored too, and there were a few assists along the way. Like you, I don't want to pick out individuals. We can all get better. That's no criticism of anybody – I'm talking about 'we', meaning everyone here.

You mention Dirk Kuyt – was there anyone more deserving of a late goal like that than him after all the work he puts in?

There are a lot of people who put a lot of work in. You've got players like Robbie Keane putting it in and you could also say he deserves another goal. Everyone works very hard to get the best for this football club, and like you say I don't like picking out individuals. Having said that, Dirk is an example of what we're about at this football club: hard work and a good level of quality.

All but one of our league goals this season have come in the second half – how much is that down to the staff here at Melwood working on fitness?

It's a massive part of any football team: your preparation. But we do try to score from the first minute! It does show, though, the fitness levels we have. It also shows the team spirit in the camp. If we go behind for whatever reason we don't let our heads go down.

The players get all the credit but it really seems like we have a great backroom team right now?

The players should get the credit. This game is all about the players. But in any football club it's important you have a team behind the team. These people help the players go out there and perform to the upmost of their ability. Rafa has certainly assembled a very good backroom staff. Everyone plays a part in this football club: tea ladies; some of the press officers [looks over to press officer with a smile]; everyone. The good thing about Rafa is that he has an appreciation of what every single person at the football club does.

How frustrating is the timing of this international break, with us being on such a good run?

That's the nature of the game and we know when all the fixtures are. Because we have so many quality players here, we have quite a number away. But it gives us an opportunity to look at other things and other facets of the football club that we don't always get to spend time on.

There's fitness work we can do with some people where there might not have been time because of games and travelling. People can do some catching up.

Is it part of your task to make sure the players stay focused when they return?

It's part of all our jobs. I'm not being glib: everyone at this football club plays a part in what we do. We all stand or fall by what anyone does.

It's been our best ever start to the Premier League. How much attention are you paying to the table right now?

Well I hope you are saying in May that it's been our best finish as well. At the end of the day, I don't know anything that's ever been won in October.

How hard is it to keep everyone's feet on the ground with all the media hype surrounding our title credentials?

Well everyone knows what's expected of them. At the moment we have nothing. It's nice to get the plaudits and I hope we're getting them at the end of the season. Only then will it matter.

How much have you enjoyed these first few months back?

[smiles] Not at all! No, it's been magnificent. It's just great being back and working with such a good team. There's great staff and it's a fantastic environment.

Are you even more confident now than you were when you returned that we could be up there come May?

I am always confident – this is Liverpool Football Club. I'm always confident we'll be challenging in May because if we're not then there's something wrong. We know the challenge ahead and the potential pitfalls but I'm confident now, as I was when I came back, because we're Liverpool. We have aspirations and expectations and we have to make sure we try to fulfil them.

Looking around the rest of the league, who else has impressed you?

I don't look at the rest of the Premier League, I look at our next game. I'm just concerned with Liverpool. There's a number of great teams out there but each game presents it's own difficulties. Look at the game against Stoke. We're fully aware of the strengths and weaknesses of every opposition that we have to play.

Линк:Официален сайт на Ливърпул

Сподели другаде

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Гост Steven Gerrard The Best

READ SAMMY'S BOXING DAY PREVIEW

Steve Hunter 26 December 2008

Sammy Lee took five minutes out of his pre-match preparations to speak to radio journalists ahead of the Boxing Day clash with Bolton Wanderers.

Journalist: How does it feel being top of the league going into the Boxing Day match after Everton did you favour by holding Chelsea to a draw?

Well the favour was done by us getting a point at Arsenal to be honest. In football nobody does you any favours and you have to do your own job. Obviously Everton did well but they were thinking about themselves, not helping us. It's about what we do and not what other people do.

Journalist: Boxing Day brings a reunion between yourself and Bolton, Sammy. How much are you looking forward to it against a team you used to manage?

I was incredibly proud to manage Bolton. I have got a lot of respect for all the players and everyone at Bolton Wanderers. I was very disappointed it didn't go well for me personally. It's a game which is massively important, only in the sense it's our next game at home. It's three points we need and that's why it's massive.

Journalist: How much did you learn from your time in charge at the Reebok Stadium?

I learned an awful lot. I was very proud and it was a great honour to be manager of that club. My pride was only heavily outweighed by the fact it didn't go well. I've got nothing but admiration for their fans because they really helped us. When you go through a transformation period you need the fans' support and they were good to me, my family and the players.

Journalist: How crucial are these two games over Christmas against Bolton and Newcastle?

Bolton is the most important game because it is our next game. We will worry about Newcastle after this. It will be a difficult game, we know that, but that's what we are here for. We know their strengths and weaknesses and we have our game plan. We hope it will be stronger than theirs.

Journalist: The 2-0 win at the Reebok recently was one of your best displays of the season, wasn't it?

The only disappointing thing from that game was the fact we didn't score more goals. We felt our play warranted more goals.

Journalist: Bolton have had some good recent results after a difficult start. Confidence does play a big part in football, doesn't it Sammy?

Confidence is crucial to any team in any sport. They have got a lot of confidence at the moment and that's why it will be a very difficult task.

Journalist: How much of a psychological boost to you is it being top at Christmas?

I think it's always important to be top at any given time. At this precise moment in time going into the busy Christmas schedule we are top and you can't ask for more than that.

Journalist: Has it taken you by surprise being top of the league?

No. Liverpool always plan for success. We always plan to be the best. We are Liverpool Football Club and we prepare with the intention of going out to win every game, so it's no surprise to us we are top of the league. This is a massive club and we prepare to be top of the table.

Journalist: Nobody is running away with this league, are they?

We have accumulated more points than the other teams at this moment in time. We've still got a lot of points to play for so that's why we are not getting carried away with it. We have prepared to be top of the league but we are not getting carried away by it.

Journalist: How tight do you think the title race will be?

The Premier League is always going to be tight because there are a lot of good teams in it. There are no easy games in this league so it's always going to be tight.

Journalist: Traditionally, Liverpool are stronger in the second half of the campaign, so does that fact fill you with a lot of confidence?

I've been involved with this club as a player and a coach and what we always look for is improvement. When you are winning European Cups and league titles you always want to improve. The likes of Ronnie Moran, Roy Evans and Bob Paisley always wanted you to improve and that's what the foundations of this club have been built upon. When we win things we will still be looking to improve on that.

Journalist: So what has improved then this season?

The mere fact we are top of the league and people are saying we should have more points. That for me shows there has been an improvement.

Journalist: When people say you should have more points, is that a point of frustration for you?

No. Football is a great game and it's about opionions. People will always have an opinion and that's great for me. Again, that shows the high esteem people put Liverpool in when they say we should have more points.

Сподели другаде

Гост El_Niño

Сами Лий: Никога не съм се съмнявал в уменията на Кийн

Помощник-треньорът на Ливърпул Сами Лий похвали нападателя на тима Роби Кийн, който се отчете с две попадение при победата с 3:0 над Болтън, съобщава Skysports. Специалистът заяви, че се радва за нападателя, който затвори устата на критиците си с играта си в този мач.

"Никога не съм се съмнявал в уменията на Роби Кийн. Той имаше проблеми първоначално, но упоритата работа даде своите плодове. Доволен съм от него и от формата му, която според мен е перфектна. Двата му гола бяха ключови за нашия успех. Ще положим всички усилия, за да останем лидери до края на сезона", заяви Лий.

Сподели другаде

• 3 months later...
Гост melbon

Сами Лий разкри - Алърдайс работел в комбина със сър Алекс

http://img2.sportal.bg/new/uploads/news/2009_17/images/00169200.jpg

Асистентът на Рафаел Бенитес в Ливърпул Сами Лий сподели, че е останал изключително изненадан от думите на бившия му шеф в Болтън Сам Алърдайс, с които наставникът нападна колегата си от "Анфийлд" Рафаел Бенитес. Както е известно, в един и същи ден Алърдайс и мениджърът на Манчестър Юнайтед сър Алекс Фъргюсън нападнаха остро Бенитес за жестовете, които испанецът направи след втория гол на своя тим в срещата с Блекбърн Роувърс. Алърдайс разкри, че след мача е потърсил Бенитес за обяснение на този негов жест, но така и не го открил за среща. Сами Лий обаче заяви категорично, че след мача е разговарял с Алърдайс и той не е имал какво да каже по този въпрос. "Бях изключително изненадан, защото той не каза абсолютно нищо за това, когато се видяхме на по чаша вино след срещата. Сигурен съм, че ако беше толкова засегнат от това, той щеше да повдигне въпроса, но това не се случи. Той не каза дори дума. Това ме изненада много повече, ако трябва да съм честен", заяви Сами Лий.

"Със сигурност, всички жестове, които мениджърът на нашия тим прави, са насочени към неговите играчи и никой друг. Това беше негова реакция към нещо, върху което работихме на тренировки, но не бе изпълнено по този начин от момчетата, а в крайна сметка бе отбелязан гол. Ние взимаме под въпрос единствено това какво правят нашите играчи. Но едно от малкото неща, които не могат да се кажат за Рафа е, че той е арогантен - никога. Според мен това е доста тъжно. В крайна сметка ние си опитваме да си вършим собствената работа без да се притесняваме за това какво други хора имат да кажат за нас", допълни Лий.

Сподели другаде

• 2 months later...
Гост bardi
SAMMY LEE: THE SWISS INTERVIEW

We caught up with assistant manager Sammy Lee in the Swiss training camp to assess how preparations for a renewed title charge are coming along.

How was your summer?

This is it! No, to be honest we are always in. There's always all kinds of recruitment that needs to be done but we get a long enough break and I'm raring to get back into it now. When you get with this bunch of lads and look at their work ethic, they make you want to work even harder. I enjoy the training sessions.

What did you make of our first friendly against St Gallen?

It's always difficult in the first game, and we wanted to give everyone 45 minutes. We got a lot out of the game. They started their preparations before us and played their first league game on Saturday when they got a good win over Basel, so we knew they would be ahead of us in terms of fitness. So, we equipped ourselves very well. There's always positives and negatives to be taken from every training session - and that's what we consider this game to be.

Glen Johnson seems to be settling in well and he did a good job on the left for 45 minutes, didn't he?

He is a quality player, that hasn't surprised us. But there were a number of good performances.

What sort of work have you been doing with the boys today?

It's been a mixture of things today. We've done some recovery, a weights session and there was a tactical element too. This is an extremely important period for us because you don't get a lot of time during the season due to the amount of games we play. The players are right where we want them to be at this time. There's three or four weeks to go before we want them to hit their peak and you have to build up to that. You certainly don't want to be peaking too early. We feel we've got it right.

In terms of Rapid Vienna - you obviously do a lot of research before a league or European game, but is it the same for a friendly like this?

Oh yes. There is no such thing as a friendly game as far as Liverpool are concerned. Everyone wants to beat Liverpool Football Club. We were fully briefed on St Gallen - we had DVDs on them - and it'll be the same at the weekend. You always have to do your homework.

How different is the pre-season training now to what it was in your day?

All the way. It's a world of difference. There is a lot more done with the ball now thankfully. It's still hard work because running with the ball is tougher than running without - though don't tell the players that because they think it's easy once they get the ball. A lot of people call it disguised running. We still know how many kilometres each player has done per day with or without the ball. We did train very well in my day, though. Ronnie Moran always made sure we peaked come kick off.

And on a personal level, how much are you enjoying this, the start of your second season back at the club?

Is it only the second season? No, it's fantastic - everyone knows I think like that. It's not a job, it's a vocation - and I'm not being glib when I say that. I really enjoy it. There are down sides - no one is ever happy when they get beat but I am just glad to be working here. These lads are a joy to work with.

Сподели другаде

• 1 month later...
Гост DwAyNe WaDe
Lee hit by FA charge

Liverpool assistant manager Sammy Lee has been charged by the FA with improper conduct

Lee was handed the charge after a clash with fourth official Stuart Attwell during last weekend's defeat to Tottenham.

The former Bolton manager was sent to the stands in the closing stages at White Hart Lane after confronting Attwell over two penalty appeals for Liverpool which were both turned down.

Lee has until 26th August to respond to the charge.

Сподели другаде

Гост bardi
ФА обвини Сами Лий в неприлично поведение

Асистент мениджърът на Ливърпул Сами Лий бе обвинен в неприлично поведение от Футболната Асоциация на Англия заради инцидента, който се случи при загубата на мърсисайдци с 1:2 от Тотнъм в неделя.

Лий бе изгонен от главния рефер на мача на "Уайт Харт Лейн", след като крещя по четвъртия съдия на мача в Северен Лондон. Той бе ядосан, че Фил Дауд не отсъди дузпа за неговия тим към края на срещата с Тотнъм.

Лий има време до сряда следващата седмица да отговори на обвиненията и до месец ще бъде взето решение дали той ще бъде наказан.

ФА освен това обвини в неприлично поведение и двама мениджъри от долните дивизии - синът на Сър Алекс Фъргюсън - Дарън, който е наставник на Питърбъро и Пол Ламбърт, който пое наскоро Норич Сити. Фъргюсън използва обиден език срещу рефера на мача с Уест Бромич, който неговия тим загуби с 2:3 у дома, а Ламбърт - заради поведението си в срещата с Йоувил Таун, още докато бе бос на Колчестър.

Сподели другаде

Гост Scarface

ФА РАЗСЛЕДВА САМИ ЛИЙ

http://gong.bg/uploads/news_images/200908/photo_big_87835.jpg

21 август 2009 09:42

Английската футболна федерация ще разследва поведението на асистент мениджъра на Ливърпул Сами Лий.

Помощникът на Рафаел Бенитес бе изгонен от треньорската скамейка по време на мача от първия кръг на Премиършип срещу Тотнъм, който мърсисайдци загубиха с 1:2.

Лий се спречка с четвъртия съдия Стюарт Атуел, след което бе изгонен на трибуните на „Уайт Харт Лейн” броени минути преди края на мача.

Рафаел Бенитес защити своя асистент, като обави, че Атуел е твърде млад за четвърти съдия и е допуснал грешка при изгонването на Сами Лий.

Сподели другаде

• 1 year later...
Гост Liverbird

Lee's verdict on season so far

Sammy Lee admits Liverpool are currently 'a work in progress' but is confident they will begin to reap the rewards of their endeavour sooner rather later.

The Reds' assistant manager acknowledges that the team have yet to hit top form this season but feels there are growing signs that the Roy Hodgson era is beginning to click into gear.

"It's been a bit of a mixed bag so far," Lee told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"There are a lot of positives we can take from every game we've played and there have been some negatives, but we tend not to dwell on that.

"We know we are not 100 per cent right, but we are working very hard to try and perfect what we are trying to do."

He added: "It is a period of transition and change. People need to embrace that change. It will take time and the boss has said that. The table is quite tight and only a few points separate a lot of the teams, but what we need to do is to start turning possession into goals. If we convert the chances we are creating then we will be okay.

"We can see what we are trying to get out of the players and it is very much a work in progress."

The Reds currently lie 16th in the Barclays Premier League following Saturday's 2-2 draw with Sunderland.

Had they managed to make their late pressure count by taking all three points against the Mackems then they would now sit in seventh place.

Lee accepts such fine margins are what sets the best teams apart but is confident that the work being done on the training ground will ensure Liverpool begin to pick up the points that will see them climb the table.

"That's what this league is all about," he said. "There's a fine line between success and mediocrity. We are certainly working hard to make sure we are on the right side of that line."

He added: "What we are trying to implement is difficult at this time but the fans are with us and have stayed with us. It's important for the players because once they know they have the supporters backing them they will try to win even more for them."

In contrast to their league form, Liverpool face Utrecht on Thursday looking to make it six wins out of six in the Europa League.

While the match represents an opportunity for the Reds to get back to winning ways, it will also see Dirk Kuyt come up against his first club in professional football.

Lee understands that it will be an emotional occasion for the Dutch frontman and is pleased he has shrugged off a recent shoulder injury in time to feature in what he feels will be a tough test at his old stomping ground.

"Utrecht are a very good side," said Lee. "They have pace throughout their team and are very well organised. It'll be a difficult game.

"We've been well briefed on them. Any side that beats Celtic 4-0 are going to be a difficult proposition, especially at home. I think they've won five out of their last six there, so we know they are solid team.

"It will also be an emotional time for both Dirk and John Achterberg - whose family come from there. It will be good for them to go back there and hopefully we will come home with the right result."

On Kuyt's rapid recovery, Lee added: "You like to have all your playing staff back and to have someone like Dirk available again is important because the contribution and experience he brings to the team is vital. The work-rate he puts in is phenomenal."

Сподели другаде

• 3 months later...
Гост Fowler23

Lee's message to starlets

Sammy Lee has urged the club’s aspiring Academy youngsters to enjoy the experience of playing at Anfield when the Reds take on Crystal Palace in the FA Youth Cup 4th round on Saturday.

For many of Rodolfo Borrell's side this will be their first experience of playing on the hallowed turf, and the Reds assistant boss has sent them a good luck message.

"My message to the lads is to go out and enjoy themselves and I mean that in the right professional way," said Lee ahead of the match, which you can watch live on this website from 11.30am GMT.

"It's always a nice experience to go and play at Anfield for the first time and we know they have great talent.

"They have got a good work ethic and a good team spirit and hopefully they will get many more games in the future on our main park, which is what we are always looking for.

"It's a really special occasion and I would just like the lads to enjoy it, because if they do it will bring out the best in their ability.

"Sometimes players have a tendancy to freeze but we hope our lads won't and we hope theirs do. Hopefully there will be a large crowd as well."

Lee also recalled the first time he played at Anfield in a red shirt during the 1970s.

"It was a long time ago and it can be a daunting experience but thankfully at that stage we used to play our reserve home games at Anfield so we were more used to playing there," he said.

"We don't play our reserve games any more at Anfield but it's always a very exciting occasion to play there as you don't want that chance to go missing.

"There's a lot of good work being done by everyone at the Academy. They have a project which they are fulfilling each and every day.

"It's nice when you get to this occasion of the FA Youth Cup but it's not the criteria by which we judge them because it's all about getting players through and development, and they are certainly doing that at the Academy."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news...age-to-starlets

Сподели другаде

• 5 months later...
Гост deadpoll

http://paisleygates.com/?p=4973

Early reports coming in across the News Desk have Liverpool assistant manager Sammy Lee parting ways with the club for now undisclosed reasons. The home-grown double European Cup winner came back to Liverpool in 2008 to work with former manager Rafa Benitez after playing most of his career there. With Kenny Dalglish now at the helm and Steve Clarke becoming an important part of the coaching staff, it’s expected that Sammy has left to advance his career outside of the Anfield setup. No matter what you think of his style or tactical nuance, he’s been a fantastic servant to the club and anyone would be hard pressed to wish him anything but the best in his future endeavors.

Say what you will, he's a decent bloke, YNWA

Сподели другаде

Гост Liverbird

Честно казано няма да съм изненадан ако това се случи наистина и Стив Кларк да заеме мястото му. С назначаването на Кларк сякаш му отесня на Сами.

И още едно предположение за евентуална причина:

There is also a suggestion that Lee is leaving Liverpool because he wants to partner up with Sam Allardyce again at West Ham.
Сподели другаде

Гост Stojkica
Честно казано няма да съм изненадан ако това се случи наистина и Стив Кларк да заеме мястото му. С назначаването на Кларк сякаш му отесня на Сами.

Все пак треньорският щаб на Ливърпул трябва да е каре. През тази календарна година това бяха Далглиш, Кларк, Лий (който явно вече го няма) и треньор на вратарите докаран от Ходжсън (който също вече го няма).

Така че може да се очаква назначаване на треньор на вратарите в скоро време. Освен това се отваря идеална възможност Кара да бъде привлечен в щаба и отново бройката за Бутрум-а да се запълни с вътрешен човек.

Сподели другаде

Гост Liverbird
Все пак треньорският щаб на Ливърпул трябва да е каре. През тази календарна година това бяха Далглиш, Кларк, Лий (който явно вече го няма) и треньор на вратарите докаран от Ходжсън (който също вече го няма).

Така че може да се очаква назначаване на треньор на вратарите в скоро време. Освен това се отваря идеална възможност Кара да бъде привлечен в щаба и отново бройката за Бутрум-а да се запълни с вътрешен човек.

Мисълта ми беше, че Кларк сякаш иззе функциите на Сами един вид, въпреки че бе назначен на длъжност тренер на първия отбор.

Сподели другаде

Гост sandform

Сами Лий напусна Ливърпул

http://img1.sportal.bg/uploads/news/2011_26/images/00312613.jpg

Сами Лий напусна Ливърпул след три години на "Анфийлд" като асистент-мениджър. 52-годишният легендарен играч на мърсисайдци се завърна на "Анфийлд" през 2008 като помощник на Рафаел Бенитес. Постепенно обаче функциите на Лий в клуба бяха иззети от Стийв Кларк, който дойде в тандем с Кени Далглиш.

Съществува голяма вероятност Сами Лий да стане асистент на Сам Алърдайс в Уест Хам.

sportal.bg

Сподели другаде

Гост Red One

И още едно предположение за евентуална причина:

There is also a suggestion that Lee is leaving Liverpool because he wants to partner up with Sam Allardyce again at West Ham.

И в същото време:

Сами Лий разкри - Алърдайс работел в комбина със сър Алекс

http://img2.sportal.bg/new/uploads/news/2009_17/images/00169200.jpg

Асистентът на Рафаел Бенитес в Ливърпул Сами Лий сподели, че е останал изключително изненадан от думите на бившия му шеф в Болтън Сам Алърдайс, с които наставникът нападна колегата си от "Анфийлд" Рафаел Бенитес. Както е известно, в един и същи ден Алърдайс и мениджърът на Манчестър Юнайтед сър Алекс Фъргюсън нападнаха остро Бенитес за жестовете, които испанецът направи след втория гол на своя тим в срещата с Блекбърн Роувърс. Алърдайс разкри, че след мача е потърсил Бенитес за обяснение на този негов жест, но така и не го открил за среща. Сами Лий обаче заяви категорично, че след мача е разговарял с Алърдайс и той не е имал какво да каже по този въпрос. "Бях изключително изненадан, защото той не каза абсолютно нищо за това, когато се видяхме на по чаша вино след срещата. Сигурен съм, че ако беше толкова засегнат от това, той щеше да повдигне въпроса, но това не се случи. Той не каза дори дума. Това ме изненада много повече, ако трябва да съм честен", заяви Сами Лий.

"Със сигурност, всички жестове, които мениджърът на нашия тим прави, са насочени към неговите играчи и никой друг. Това беше негова реакция към нещо, върху което работихме на тренировки, но не бе изпълнено по този начин от момчетата, а в крайна сметка бе отбелязан гол. Ние взимаме под въпрос единствено това какво правят нашите играчи. Но едно от малкото неща, които не могат да се кажат за Рафа е, че той е арогантен - никога. Според мен това е доста тъжно. В крайна сметка ние си опитваме да си вършим собствената работа без да се притесняваме за това какво други хора имат да кажат за нас", допълни Лий.

Сподели другаде

Гост tsbalabanov

Успех на Сами Лий в бъдещите начинания. Интересно ми е кой ще го замени. Дали пък няма да има Return of God :whistling:

Сподели другаде

Гост NikolaY

Ехх жалко, че Сами Лий ни напуска, безспорно един голям специалист който върши много добре работата си. Може би наистина от както Стийв Кларк дойде в отбора неговата фунция беше взета и най-вероятно напускането му е точно заради това. В най-трудните моменти на отбора Сами беше тук и не напусна, сега където и да отиде му пожелавам да е жив и здрав и успехи.

Сподели другаде

Гост Fowler23

дано някой ден Сами се завърне отново на "Анфийлд", защото на хора като него там им е мястото :) Успех Сами :)

Сподели другаде