Стив Макманамън

Гост Scarface

Препоръчан пост

Гост Scarface

http://www.lfchistory.net/images/profiles/player_mcmanaman.jpg

Birthdate: 11 February 1972

Birthplace: Kirkdale, Liverpool, England

Other clubs: Real Madrid (1999-2003), Manchester City (2003-05)

Bought from: Local

Signed for LFC: Joined 1987 - Professional 19.02.1990

International debut: 16.11.1994 vs. Nigeria

International caps: 37/3 (24/0 at LFC) - 06.10.2001

Liverpool debut: 15.12.1990

Last appearance: 16.05.1999

Debut goal: 21.08.1991

Last goal: 01.05.1999

Contract expiry: 01.07.1999

Win ratio: 48.9% W: 178 D: 97 L: 89

Games/goals ratio: 5.52

Honours: FA Cup 1992; League Cup 1995

Total games/goals opposite LFC: 2 / 0

LFC league games/goals: 272 / 46

Total LFC games/goals: 364 / 66

http://www.lfchistor...yer/Profile/371

http://int.soccerway...manaman/105214/

http://en.wikipedia....Steve_McManaman

Player profile

"We've another boy who's ten and if he sees a tin can on his way to school, he steps over it. Steven was the opposite." Steve McManaman's father could see that his son was born to play football. Steven grew up as an Everton supporter, but joined Liverpool at 14 years of age. Ten days after his first England u-21 international, the 18-year-old got his first taste of first-team action when he came on against Sheffield United at Anfield on 15 December 1990. He made a couple more substitute appearances before making the starting line-up in the opening game of the 1991/92 season. McManaman had a sensational campaign, playing 51 games and scoring ten goals willing to run with the ball at length on the right wing armed with an unbelievable stamina, vital as John Barnes was out for most of the season. 'He has the chance to be one of the great players,' Graeme Souness judged after McManaman's first start. In the following game he scored his first goal with a diving header in a 2-1 defeat to Manchester City. Liverpool reached the FA Cup final and with Barnes unavailable Liverpool were relieved McMamanan had recovered from injuring his cartilage in the semi-final against Portsmouth a month earlier. McMamanan showed no rustiness as he delivered a masterful performance in the 2-0 win over Sunderland in the final. Barnes was impressed by the Red prodigy. "He played very well today, but I had no qualms about that because he is the fittest player at the club," Barnes said. "For me, he was the man of the match. He's always been a good dribbler and now he's conscious of people around him and how to bring them into the game. Crossing may not be his strongest point, but too many people try to find the perfect player. He appears to be frail, but that is deceptive. There are a lot of good players around but no one is more exciting than him.'' Injuries curtailed McManaman's progress in the next couple of seasons as Souness' disastrous spell as manager came to an end. The 1993/94 season only produced two goals for McManaman and he was criticized for his goalscoring ability. When Roy Evans took over in 1994, McManaman was given a free role and no longer being tied to the wings inspired him to greater heights. Liverpool beat Crystal Palace 6-1 in the first game of the season and McManaman scored twice, his first goals in 363 days. The League Cup was won for the fifth time, McManaman scoring both goals with another man of the match performance at Wembley. He continued his good form into 1995/96 when Liverpool showed championship form at times but disappointed in the end. The summer went well though for McManaman when he starred for England in Euro 96, reaching the semi-finals. He later failed to reproduce his form for England, drawing comparisons with John Barnes.

Liverpool sparkled again in 1996/97, but weren't the finished product. A number of teams tried to stifle McManaman by having one player chase him around for 90 minutes. Despite the close attention he did well enough to be on the five-man shortlist for the Player of the Year. In 1997/98 captain John Barnes left Liverpool and McManaman, now the most experienced player in the side, became vice-captain to Paul Ince. He scored 12 goals that season, including two superb solo goals against Celtic and Aston Villa. Rumours had been rife for a while that Juventus and Barcelona were going to offer £12 million for him and Liverpool allowed Barca to negotiate with McManaman. However, when McManaman arrived in Spain there was no one to meet him. It seems that he was effectively used as a patsy in Barcelona's quest to secure the signature of Rivaldo. McManaman's ninth and last season at Liverpool was not a pleasant one. His contract had been allowed to run into its last year sparking fears of a Bosman exit. "Roy and I have talked many times about Steve's position and what we might do to try and keep him at the club," said Houllier shortly after his arrival in July 1998. "And we are in complete agreement that our next big signing has got to be Steve." Chairman David Moores is said to have agreed to McManaman's wage demands at Liverpool, but the majority of the Board didn’t want to sanction that kind of money for fear of sparking a wage explosion. In January 1999 McManaman announced he would be leaving for European champions Real Madrid in the summer. "This was a big, major important contract and if I were to sign for Liverpool, a 3, 4, 5 year deal, it would’ve taken me into my early thirties and I don’t think I’d have played abroad then," McManaman explained later. "And it was something that if I didn’t do now, at 35, 36 I’d look back and would’ve regretted it I think and I don’t want that to happen."

It soon became apparent that Real only wanted to make a quick buck off McManaman as the club tried to sell him for £6 million soon after his arrival. Real discovered however the lad could also play and he starred in the Champions League final in his first season, scoring a superb goal in a 3-0 win over Valencia. McManaman would win a second Champions League winners' medal with Madrid in 2002 when he came on as a second-half substitute for Luis Figo in Glasgow but on the whole the amount of playing-time he was given was being reduced season by season. After around 150 matches and 16 goals for Real in four campaigns McManaman returned to England in August 2003 with Manchester City, then managed by Kevin Keegan, where he was reunited with former Liverpool teammates Robbie Fowler, Nicolas Anelka and, later, David James. McManaman stayed with City for two seasons, playing in 44 first-team matches, but failed to score a single goal even though he created a few. Keegan resigned in March 2005 and his successor, Stuart Pearce, released the midfielder on a free transfer towards the end of May. Since McManaman's retirement as a player he has been involved in quite a lot of media work, including being a UEFA ambassador as a former Real Madrid player in the build-up to the 2010 Champions League final at the Bernabeu in Madrid. He has also worked for the ESPN Star channel based in Singapore and was a television analyst at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

Journalist Tony Barrett rightly considers Steve McManaman one of the best players to grace Liverpool's shirt in the 90's. "There was a buzz about McManaman from early on. He comes from Kirkdale and everyone on Scotland Road was talking about Steve McManaman and from the moment he came into the side you could see why. He had that ability to beat defenders with ease and with just a drop of the shoulder or a jink he would be away. He was so naturally talented but it was easy to forget how much work he got through in a Liverpool shirt. There was no-one who ran more and he was a natural athlete and he ran and ran and ran."

http://www.thailandlife.com/images/macca.jpghttp://www.thailandlife.com/images/mcmanaman7.jpg

Цяло име Стивън Макманамън

Дата на раждане 11 февруари, 1972

Място на раждане Ливърпул, Англия

Стивън "Стийв" Макманамън (на английски Steve McManaman) е бивш английски футболист играл през 90-те години на 20 век и първите 5 от следващия. Обичайният му пост на терена е лявото крило, но играе с успех и по дясното, също така и в центъра на полузащитата. Кариерата на Макманамън преминава в два от най-успешните футболни клуба в Европа и света - Ливърпул и Реал Мадрид. Стийв Макманамън е единствения английски футболист печелил Шампионската лига два пъти в настоящия си формат, също така е и единият от двамата (заедно с Оуен Хардгрийвс) печелил я с чуждестранен отбор

Сподели другаде

Гост Scarface

http://football.ua/i/news/65130.jpg

29 април 2009 16:57

Стив МакМанамън: Ливърпул са най-силният отбор в Англия

Бившият играч на Ливърпул Стийв МакМанамън заяви, че „червените” са най-добрият тим в Англия. В момента момчетата на Рафа Бенитес се намират на три точки зад лидера и шампион Манчестър Юнайтед.

Пред медиите на Острова МакМанамън заяви: „Ливърпул са най-силният тим през тази кампания. Те показват несмирим дух и прекрасен футбол. Заслужават да спечелят титлата. Юнайтед не се представя толкова добре и е нормално да започнат да губят точки, предвид тежката им програма. Сигурен съм, че „червените” ще успеят да станат шампиони”, каза бившият английски национал.

Сподели другаде

• 3 months later...
Гост Сиймор

Беше ми любим играч. Само Фаулър бих сложил пред него. Ще се радвам да се върне в Ливърпул някой ден. Защо не и като мениджър :lfc2:

Сподели другаде

• 5 months later...
Гост bgscouser

Феноменален футболист!!! Бързина,дрибъл ,техника придружени с невероятни голове и пробиви...Интересното при него е ,че беше висок с дълги крака , но техничен :sarcastic:

Сподели другаде

Гост Simply Red

Междудругото Стив Макманамън е част от проекта на Карсън Йънг в Бирмингам и се явява нещо като технчески съветник в клуба,това всъщност обяснява и непрекъснатите му появи на трибуните на "Сейнт Андрюс", лично аз едва днес разбрах за тази му длъжност (поне така спомена коментатора на двубоя Бирмингам - Юнайтед - Жоро Драгоев.)

Спомням си,че последните му подвизи бяха като анализатор в Скай Спортс,но ето че е решил да предприеме ново предизвикателство,с което ще е и много по-близо до английския футбол естествено...

Сподели другаде

• 3 months later...
Гост Fowler23

Какво да кажа, един колега тук го има като подпис: "Created by Mcmanaman, Finished by Fowler!!!" Голям играч, в топ 10 ми е :)

Сподели другаде

• 9 months later...
Гост Fowler23

Macca: Fowler's the best ever

Steve McManaman has hailed ex-teammate Robbie Fowler as one of the greatest strikers of all-time.

The former Reds winger included the legendary No.9 when selecting his dream world XI in an interview with FourFourTwo magazine.

Asked to explain why he included the Toxteth Terror in his starting line-up, Macca said: "The greatest goalscorer of all time, 'Growler' was fantastic at putting the ball in the net. Like others here, he's had his knocks along the way, which stopped him becoming even better."

McManaman also selected ex-Reds John Barnes, Alan Hansen and Rob Jones in his team, with Roy Evans taking charge in the dugout.

Macca's Perfect XI (In FourFourTwo magazine)

1. Neville Southall

2. Rob Jones

3. Roberto Carlos

4. Zinedine Zidane

5. Fernando Hierro

6. Alan Hansen

7. Paul Gascoigne

8. Luis Figo

9. Robbie Fowler

10. Ronaldo

11. John Barnes

Subs

12. Rivaldo

13. David James

14. Paolo Maldini

15. Cristiano Ronaldo

16. Xavi

Manager: Roy Evans

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news...s-the-best-ever

Сподели другаде

• 1 month later...
Гост Fowler23

Dalglish is the right man for the job says Macca

http://www.givemefootball.com/GMF/files/05/05cd8f58-89a2-49b5-a804-2079f96c0f3a.jpg

Former Liverpool and England international midfielder Steve McManaman has called for ‘King’ Kenny Dalglish to be appointed Reds manager on a full-time basis.

The 60-year-old Scot has transformed the club’s season after picking up 20 out of a possible 30 points since taking over the Anfield helm in January following the departure of Roy Hodgson.

Liverpool were languishing towards the bottom end of the Barclays Premier League table, but after an upturn in fortunes they now sit in 6th place, just four points behind Tottenham Hotspur with European qualification now a realistic target.

McManaman believes that Dalglish deserves all the credit in turning the club around, and says that he would have no hesitation in offering the Liverpool legend the permanent job.

"Who else can you name that is available at the moment that would be a more suitable candidate for the job on a full time basis than Kenny? There isn’t anyone.

"He knows the academy inside out as well as a host of players across Europe, and still is an expert when it comes to the knowledge of the game.

"Even when he wasn’t at the club, he could have told you everything you needed to know about each player in the academy, their strengths and weaknesses."

When approached about the subject of whether or not Dalglish will be offered an extension to his current deal that is set to expire at the end of the season, Liverpool owner John Henry said that Kenny had done "very well", but no contract has yet been forthcoming.

"He has unified the club and taken them from just outside the relegation zone to the lofty heights of sixth in the league, and has rescued a pretty average season really if you are a Liverpool fan," Mcmanaman continued.

"I think everyone knows that the Reds won’t win the league without significant investment but now everybody is walking around with a smile on their face and that’s down to King Kenny.

"I am sure that he is definitely the right man to restore Liverpool Football Club to where they should be."

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-leag...-job-says-macca

Сподели другаде

• 3 months later...
Гост Fowler23

'Players love playing for Kenny'

Steve McManaman believes Kenny Dalglish has re-installed the traditions and values that served Liverpool so successfully during the halcyon days of the 1970s and 80s.

http://assets2.liverpoolfc.tv/uploads/assets/k263_4dc85e9275551834784205.jpg

The former Reds winger was impressed with the manner in which the Scot revitalised the club's fortunes during the second half of 2010-11.

However, having worked under Dalglish's tutelage during the early days of his Anfield career, McManaman insists he wasn't surprised by the manager's impact.

He said: "I joined as an apprentice when I was 16 and Kenny signed me as a pro two years later. It was Kenny who gave me my chance and I learned a lot from him.

"He has this great way of dealing with people. Whether it's the person who works in reception or the guy on the car park, everyone has a high opinion of him.

"Players love playing for him and he commands respect. He was a great player himself so he's been there and done it. He knows what works and what doesn't work.

"People I speak to at the club now talk about how much the atmosphere has changed. They are more relaxed.

"Kenny has also brought back the old Liverpool values which were so admired. Everything is done behind closed doors and what goes on in the dressing room stays in there.

"All that combined makes for a happy group of players and when you've got that you find they try more for the manager."

Before returning to the Liverpool hot seat in January, Dalglish's last managerial role was at Celtic in 2000.

However, he remained actively involved in football, taking up a position as club ambassador in 2009 in addition to a role at the Reds' Academy.

"Kenny might not have been a manager for a long time but he certainly hadn't been out of the game," added McManaman.

"I spoke to him before he got the job in January and his knowledge of football around Europe was fantastic. He was the logical choice for me - other candidates were not good enough or big enough to manage Liverpool Football Club.

"It's a huge club and it needs a huge manager. Kenny is the right man and despite all the advances in technology and sports science, there's still room for an old school manager.

"Kenny got the team playing. It was great to see and I really hope it's the start of a new era. People talk about cycles and Liverpool are on the way back up.

"It's hard to say what's realistic next season as there's a lot of business to be done before the action starts. But with another three or four new faces Liverpool should certainly be challenging for the top four."

After guiding Liverpool to a sixth-place finish, Dalglish moved swiftly to bolster the ranks with the acquisition of Sunderland's highly-rated midfielder Jordan Henderson earlier this month.

McManaman admits he was impressed with the England U21 star's form at the Stadium of Light last term, and is confident he can develop further under Dalglish's guidance.

"Jordan is a very promising young player and had a good season with Sunderland," he said.

"Like most good players I think playing in a better team will bring out better qualities in him. No disrespect to Sunderland but I expect a huge amount of improvement from Jordan. He's still young and has a lot of potential."

Henderson, who recently turned 21, joins a Liverpool squad brimming with talented young players.

The likes of Jonjo Shelvey, Martin Kelly, Jay Spearing, John Flanagan and Jack Robinson all made a positive impression on the first team in 2010-11 having been handed a chance to shine by Dalglish.

"Fans love seeing young local lads coming through and business wise it's vital," said McManaman.

"It certainly looks like they've got some really special ones. I was at the Fulham game towards the end of the season when Liverpool were outstanding. Jay Spearing and John Flanagan were excellent in that game.

"Martin Kelly was also very impressive before he got injured and Jack Robinson did well when he played. Obviously Jonjo Shelvey was brought in from elsewhere but he's another youngster who has done well.

"Kenny was really clever the way he brought some into the side at the end of the season. It was a great time to play them because there was no real pressure.

"He's seen how good they are now and whether they can cope with the demands of playing for Liverpool."

One man who knows all about breaking into the Liverpool first team at a tender age is Steven Gerrard.

Having missed the final months of the 2010-11 campaign after undergoing surgery on a groin problem, the Reds captain is set to return for the start of pre-season training next month - and McManaman feels the 31-year-old can comeback stronger than ever before.

"The complete break he's had from the game will do Steven the world of good," he said.

"Both physically and mentally he will have benefited. You can become sick and tired of playing all the time.

"I know he's been working so hard to get back from the operation. He's a fantastic player and I expect a really big season from him. He will come back fitter, stronger and better than ever.

"He might be 31 but he doesn't need to reinvent himself as a player at all. He's looked after himself well and still has so much to offer.

"Steven still has the ability to dominate games like he always has and I think we'll see that again next season."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news...aying-for-kenny

Сподели другаде

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...